Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 15T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Omen 15T is connected to an external HP w2207h monitor (old but still had an HDMI port when I bought it). It was first connected to my laptop via an HP USB hub which also has an HDMI port. However, the videos I played (either on my laptop or online) were very laggy and stuttering. I disconnected the HDMI cable from the USB hub and connected it directly to the laptop. I still had the same laggy and stuttering problems. In fact, sometimes even the mouse cursor and my external wireless keyboard were also laggy. 

HOWEVER, when I only use the laptop (no monitor, no external keyboard) there is no lag or stuttering of videos (either on my hard drive or from online sources) and no lag in the mouse cursor or keyboard use.

My device has 16GB with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated).

I have already updated drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled NVIDIA via device manager, and checked all connections (I even used a different HDMI cable and had the same laggy and stuttering results).  

As a reference, this OMEN laptop replaced an older Envy 15T laptop (with dedicated NVIDIA graphics)  which was connected to the same monitor (HP w2207h monitor) through the same HP USB hub. I had no problems with lag or stuttering.

Any ideas?

Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Anybody home?

I found a couple of solutions on other sites (including the NVIDIA one) that suggested disabling the Intel graphics card. But then I have to enable it when I am using my laptop in standalone mode (i.e. not connected to my monitor). 

HP, what are you going to do about this? Or am I stuck with this silly solution? If so, then I am definitely returning this device. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.