Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-dr0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this computer a few weeks ago and find handling it uncomfortable due to the extremely sharp overextending edges!!! As a laptop, I carry it and use it in varying locations. So far, I enjoy the other features of the computer, it just hurts to handle, re position, pick it up and carry it with the protruding edges exposing a ridge all the way around the bottom.

Is there any fix for this flaw? Like a better fitting bottom shell? I don't want to return it. I already purchased another brand that I didn't like and switched to this computer.

HELP!!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@cassiehoutx 

In my opinion, there is little to be done from our side - anything we suggest would be cosmetic: 

Wrap the computer in a soft case of some king - or perhaps carefully wrap or tape the edges.  Tape - yuk.

If you believe the notebook is defective in some way (hey, it is possible), please do contact HP Support.

HP Technical Support - HP Contact Information

Reminders

• Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).

• Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.  In the event that Chat is not available in your region:  Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)

• HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.

• HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.

• If the HP Contact (phone) number is not immediately provided:  Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.  

• HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo.  Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.

“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support

HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Option:  Contact HP Technical Support - Regions

USA / Canada

Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal

1. Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

1. For faster support, submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
  2. Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist

Option - HP Support is on Facebook!

HP on Facebook

From HP:  HP Fraud Alert: Protect Yourself from Scams, Report Suspicious Calls

From HP > CAUTION

Recently, HP has seen an increased number of third-party support websites selling HP driver downloads or diagnostic tools. Many of these websites use the HP trademark symbol and claim to be official HP distributors.

If your product supports your operating system, HP offers your driver and software at no additional cost through the HP website.

Use caution when dealing with any website that asks you to pay for HP driver downloads or tools that claim to diagnose your HP products. These websites might not be affiliated with HP in any way.

Do not install BIOS updates from a motherboard manufacturer's website. Only install BIOS updates from HP. Installing BIOS updates from the motherboard manufacturer can prevent the computer from accepting an HP system recovery. This could result in a loss of data.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Still need help?  Want more information?  Search for solutions...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more

HP ENVY 15m-dr0000 x360 Convertible PC

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur

Yeah, I ordered a shell case....I'll see if that helps. And, absolutely YUK and NO to the tape!

Just seems rather stupid for HP to overlook a glaring flaw that directly impacts the intended use of a product. (Does R&D test, try out products??) A laptop is, amazingly, frequently used in one's LAP...which means equally frequent contact with the edges ...ouch, ouch, ouch...of the laptop.

If the shell doesn't alleviate the issue, I will by all means be returning the computer.

Thanks for the response,

cassiehoutx

HP Recommended

@cassiehoutx 

Tape was not a serious idea.  It was late (or early in the morning) and time to step away from the keyboard.  Not my best attempt at humor and the comment was entirely misplaced.  My apologies.

I do not typically comment on design as it might impact others than myself.  There is no point and my own opinions on the subject are not relevant to your experience.

Yes, of course, HP -- and every other manufacturer -- spends a great deal of time, effort, and money on design aspects of every product they offer.

You must do what is right for your situation - hopefully something you can do will alleviate your discomfort.  Should you decide to return the device, be sensitive to the return policy (which might be different in different regions).  Contact HP Support with questions regarding returns and other related issues.

Good Luck.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

no worries...lol...tape recommendation...not taken seriously

appreciate your input

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.