Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
James-Michael Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Obscuring Black Bars + Lines on Text and Fonts

HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a new HP Notebook 1 week ago and have experienced recurring obscuring black bars and odd defacing of lines of texts.  This occurs in Internet Explorer, my email program (AOL) and also in Microsoft WORD.  I performed a system restore that this eradicated the problem for a few days.  Then, Windows 10 forces upgrades, and the problem reappeared. 

Then, I altered Windows 10 to the default program build, and that also eradicated the problem.  Then, 2 days later, the problem appeared again.  I have difficulty believing that HP, a reputable company, and the builder of my last 3 computers, would release a product with pre-loaded software that would do this. 

I would appreciate knowing how this display "bug" can be permanently corrected.  Otherwise, will I be facing restoring the windows operating system twice a week throughout the next 3 years of ownership?

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14633 1021 1517
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Obscuring Black Bars + Lines on Text and Fonts

Hi! @James-Michael, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you have a display issue with your notebook.

Refer this article to troubleshoot display issues:http://hp.care/2eG33vJ

However, if the issue still persists please provide the product number of your laptop.

I will try to find the best drivers.

Please keep me updated! :)

Take care :)

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation