Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-r032nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP community,

I have quite a problem here. I game on this HP 15-r032nx notebook that I obtained about a year and a half ago (as silly as it seems, but I'm a low-spec gamer, so anything goes), and I've been vouching for Intel to grab the latest Intel HD Graphics drivers, as the official ones provided by HP are sorely outdated (a little bit over a year, to be exact, latest official driver was released back in August 2015), meanwhile Intel's latest driver update was released in the middle of August 2016.

But, the big thing was, when I decided to revert into HP's official latest drivers, all my games' performances improved marginally. I seriously feel the performance could be further improved by having HP release their version of the latest drivers for Intel HD Graphics 4400, but unfortunately I do not see that for my laptop model.

Anything going on here?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Nothing is going on.

HP does not create the drivers for the HD 4400 graphics, Intel does. It is their product. The graphics solution  is on the same chip as the CPU\APU and not on the system board.

Your best source for an Intel HD 4400 graphics driver will be at the Intel driver download website 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Fair enough, then.

I decided to question that as I ran Intel's Update Utility and it told me to head over to my manufacturer's website (e.g. HP) for graphics drivers as it deliberately refuses to download the latest drivers, simply because this came from a separate manufacturer.

HP Recommended

HP creates the reference drivers for the HD 4400 and provides them to HP.

It all depends on the installed APU.

The i3, i5 and i7 APUs all have different Intel HD Graphics solutions.  

If you know which CPU is installed, you can search with that as the keyword and find the latest driver.

Take a look at the following URL.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers.html

Read the following section at Intel on the error you received.

Error Message: Computer Manufacturer Graphics Driver Detected

I have also done the very same thing with Intel wifi adapters.

Frequently the drivers available at Intel have more advanced features than the one HP provides. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, @Kensta9223 :

See if this process works on the latest W10 Intel graphics driver your notebook needs...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphic-Drivers-for-AiO-HP-Envy-Rove-2...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.