Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen Model: 17-AN110NR SKU: 6261500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When the Omen first starts up the screen or the text upon the screen needs to be made brighter.  How can I do that?  It is reminiscent of way back in the "old days" of the settings in DOS for "white on black" which came a lot closer to gray on black.

Chuck Billow
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@CWBillow1,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The Adaptive Brightness option might have been enabled. Adaptive Brightness is a feature that adjusts your screen brightness according to the light surrounding the PC. To disable this, kindly follow the steps below.

1. Open Settings, and then select System.
  2. Select Power & sleep, and then click Additional power settings on the right corner of the window.
  3. Click Change plan settings located on the right side of the power plan that you are using.
  4. Go to Change advanced power settings, and then select Display.
  5. Click Enable adaptive brightness, and then toggle it Off.
  6. Click OK to save the settings made.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I get to Advanced Power Settings / Display, but there is nothing there but "Turn Display Off..." And for battery and Plugged in.

I see no Adaptive Brightness.

I though the attached might help clarifyDisplayProps.png

Chuck Billow
HP Recommended

@CWBillow1,

I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am really anxious about messing with the BIOS.  And when I checked via msinfo32.exe, it says the BIOS is from April 2019.  It shouldn't need updating, should it?  The graphics drive is already current, or so a scan of Device manager says.

Chuck Billow
HP Recommended

@CWBillow1,

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article to update the BIOS.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00042629

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.