06-11-2019 10:45 AM
When the Omen first starts up the screen or the text upon the screen needs to be made brighter. How can I do that? It is reminiscent of way back in the "old days" of the settings in DOS for "white on black" which came a lot closer to gray on black.
06-13-2019 01:34 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
The Adaptive Brightness option might have been enabled. Adaptive Brightness is a feature that adjusts your screen brightness according to the light surrounding the PC. To disable this, kindly follow the steps below.
- Open Settings, and then select System.
- Select Power & sleep, and then click Additional power settings on the right corner of the window.
- Click Change plan settings located on the right side of the power plan that you are using.
- Go to Change advanced power settings, and then select Display.
- Click Enable adaptive brightness, and then toggle it Off.
- Click OK to save the settings made.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee
06-13-2019 03:45 PM - edited 06-13-2019 03:58 PM
I get to Advanced Power Settings / Display, but there is nothing there but "Turn Display Off..." And for battery and Plugged in.
I see no Adaptive Brightness.
I though the attached might help clarify
06-13-2019 05:23 PM
06-14-2019 12:54 AM
I am really anxious about messing with the BIOS. And when I checked via msinfo32.exe, it says the BIOS is from April 2019. It shouldn't need updating, should it? The graphics drive is already current, or so a scan of Device manager says.
06-14-2019 09:34 AM