1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Options for dead pixel in monitor of new HP Envy

HP ENVY x360 - 15t-w200 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

A few days ago I received a brand new HP Envy that I purchased directly from HP.

I have discovered that it has what appears to be one dead pixel in the monitor.

I say "what appears to be" because upon very close inspection it looks like maybe an adjacent pixel is not as bright as it should be. Or perhaps this is just a trick of the light, the "deadness" of the one dead pixel creeping over and influencing how the adjacent pixel is perceived?

If I had to bet my life on it I'd say it is just a single dead pixel... but the point is that it may be two.

Apparently this is important because if two pixels next to each other are defective, then my warranty would allow me to exchange the computer for a new one (correct?), whereas if it's just a single dead pixel then the warranty wouldn't cover it.

BUT is it also possible that I could return it anyway, since it's a brand new computer that arrived with the defect? I have looked online and in some places the internet pundits make it seem as if HP will allow returns for whatever reason as long as they are initiated within 21 days.

All of that being said, if anyone can tell me what my options are, I would very much appreciate it. I enjoy the computer very much so far, but this dead pixel(s) thing does bug me slightly.

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
18,235 18,180 1,703 3,995
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Options for dead pixel in monitor of new HP Envy

dashonb

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but this is just a community self-help forum staffed by volunteers. HP maintains no official presence here and we are not authorized to deal with warranty or equipment replacement issues.

For these issues, you will need to contact HP Customer Support directly.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation