Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Overclok my laptop monitor.

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs006nz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello evrybody, today I am asking about overcloking my 60 hz santrad notbook monitor because I want to see more than 60 fps on minecraft , so my question it is from safe safe to overclock my 60 hz monitor from Intel HD Graphics control panel, thanks.

General spec:

Windows 10 64-bit.

Intel Celeron N-3060.

HD Graphics 400.

4 gb ram 1600 mhz.

4 REPLIES 4
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,553 30,460 2,785 6,725
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@costumer775 

You're confusing two different things. 

The FPS is frames per second and that is the maximum rate that your game will generate based on a combination of the video chip, the amount and kind of video memory, and your processor. 

The refresh rate is the rate at which the screen is redrawn and that is independent of the gaming activity.

If you look in Display settings, you will see the refresh rate and if it CAN be changed, there will be options for that there.  It usually can not be changed.  But even it you changed it, to say 75Hz, that would not increase the FPS of the game because these are unrelated specs.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
costumer775
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The max refresh rate is 60 hz in my settings.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,553 30,460 2,785 6,725
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@costumer775 

That is nearly always the case.  And as I said previously, even if you could increase the refresh rate, that would have no effect on game performance in terms of FPS -- as the two are entirely unrelated.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
costumer775
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK I understand but what is max rate for my screen

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation