Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pavilion x360 laptop screen popped out of bottom right corner and I can't place it back. This was purchased 2 and half years ago, and I never used taplet mode for past 2 years. Also I never dropped the laptop and this just happneded all of a sudden when I was opening the laptop. Please help to find a way to fix this issue.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@Bharathi_14,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Apologies for all the inconvenience

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like hardware related issue with the hinge assembly and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need a

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen,

Thank you for responding this request. In the support page, I have only 3 option

1. HP Out of Warranty Phone Support

2. HP Support Community (where we here now)

3. HP Service Center Locator

So, the possible option I have is to visit the service center, which I planned to go this week. There was no mishandling caused this issue in the screen.  Also, I noticed plenty of posts in this forum for the same exact issue (Pavilion X360 Screen Popped out). Will I get any discount on service charge for this manufacturing defect in HP? Thank you for the support.

HP Recommended

Hi@Bharathi_14,

Apologies services center details will not be available, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen,

From the "Service Center Locator" page, I can locate the nearest service center, which I am assuming they are HP authorized centers.

But my question is more of support from HP for this issue, as from the earlier posts I can see hundreds of messages from multiple users who faced the same exact issue. Turns out it could be a fault in design.

I purchased this laptop 2 and half years ago and the issue happened without any mishandling on the device. Could you clarify if HP could offer any discount on service charge after diagnosing the laptop. Thank you for the response.

HP Recommended

Friday, April 30, 2021

11:52 PM

Thank you for waiting! I understand your concern and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send us a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

To assist you better, do you have a previous case number or were you in contact with the escalations team?

I understand you need assistance and I’d love to help. However, we encourage our customers to create a public post so that the conversation may help other community members find a similar solution.

Hence, I would request you to create a public post with the same query, so that you may get your answers from the various members we have in our community forums at HP.

Keep me posted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.