pontiffffddf
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion dv7-6b55dx Drivers help

dv7-6b55dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I cannot figure out which Intel HD 3000 drivers I'm meant to be using. My laptop has just the Intel HD, not the switchable graphics.

When I try to install just the Intel HD drivers from the HP drivers page, the install stops itself, presumably because the drivers are 32bit and I'm running 64bit, which is what the system came with.

The only drivers I can seem to install are the Intel/AMD Switchable drivers. Are these the ones I'm supposed to use even though I don't have the switchable cards?

I've tried installing the generic Intel drivers, which seem to be much more recent, but I cannot rightly figure out which ones to use properly to get the best performance and stability.

One thing I noticed, when I'm running the Intel/AMD switchable driver it tells me the Direct X version is 10.1

When I install the latest Intel HD 3000 (2449 I believe) it says Direct X11

Everytime I read one of these questions, inevitably, someone responds with something absurd like "Scan you're computers virus make sure the drivers are installed into the hard drive after that download malwarebytes and send me the full read-out" or some other such absolute nonsense. Please do not waste my time that, it truly is asinine. If you don't know the answer to my question, please do not respond.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Level 19
Level 19
78,133 78,033 9,613 20,775
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion dv7-6b55dx Drivers help

Hi,

Please try:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_132253_1

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation