ammeryw Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Pavilion x360

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently received the HP Pavilion x360 laptop as a gift. By the second use it was evident that something was wrong with the touchscreen. It will occasionally go berserk and self-activate, in which a poltergeist is seemingly tapping my screen incessantly and opening programs, windows, and files. The touch screen animation of little taps across the screen clicks up and down the left side of my entire screen, causing the most disturbance when it clicks within the Windows 10 start menu, where it clicks open programs, etc. While this is happening, I cannot even control the mousepad, as the cursor is incessantly being dragged back to where the touchscreen is being activated. In the end I always have to force shut-down, and generally I can reuse it for a while (maybe like four hours or so?) before I have to go through the whole cycle again. 

I have not noticed a pattern yet regarding when it occurs. Sometimes it's write when I start the laptop; sometimes it's after I've been using it for an hour or so.

Tactics I have tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling touchscreen driver
  • Checking for updates
  • Re-Calibrating the touchscreen 
  • Eventually just going into Device Manager and disabling the touchscreen altogether. 

Here's a video of my HP Touchscreen ghost in action:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1R-obFJQJotNG52YzZkcFpKRjQ/view?usp=sharing

4 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
675 42 95
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post

Pavilion x360

Hello @ammeryw

Welcome to the HP Forums, and thanks for posting. :) 

I'd be happy to assist with the touchscreen issue you're having on your Pavilion x360.

Can you please let me know your product number by following the steps here - http://ow.ly/Z4mnL?

Did disabling the touchscreen stop the issue from happening? That will confirm if the issue is related to the touchscreen or not. 

Make sure your Windows is up to date by going to Start > Settings > Update & Security, and running Windows Updates. I'd recommend installing any updates that are available. 

If these steps resolved your issue please click "Accept as Solution." You can also click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks!" 

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
ammeryw Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post

Pavilion x360

Hello. Disabling the touchscreen functionality did resolve my issue. If I enable the touchscreen again, the issue continues. 

Everything is up to date, including all system and drive updates. 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post

Pavilion x360

Hey! 

Thank you for getting back to us @ammeryw.

HeyListen is away from the HP Support Forums for now so I have been entrusted to take over and help you to the best of my ability with a resolution. 

I read all of the comments and see that the ghost issue does not occur when you disable the Touchscreen. 

Does it occur when you are in Safe Mode with the driver enabled?

Have you tried to Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics?

Please let me know how those go. 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
40marbles Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post

Pavilion x360

Is there a solution to this issue? My daughter's new laptop has had this issue right out of the box. Right now we have the touchscreen disabled but I'm hoping there's a fix.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation