cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
8 5 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Pavillion 13 laptop touchpad driver keeps failing!

HP Recommended
Pavillion 13 laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop touchpad stopped working and I tried uninstalling the driver and letting Windows re-install it. This worked, but then after using the laptop for a while, it again failed and I once again uninstalled/reinstalled the diver and itis now working. 

Is anybody else have the same problem? Is there a fix/patch? Should I roll back my driver?

Village

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,784
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @village32

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I read your post on how your touchpad driver keeps failing, with your HP Pavilion 13 Notebook. I am happy to look into this for you! 

Please try the steps within this guide, Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10), and let me know what happens! 

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this guide resolves the issue! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I went through all these steps and the system indicates that I have the most up to date drivers. All updates are set to automatic so the rest of the system is OK. I have tried turning off the touchpad by clicking but doesn't seem to work.......does that indicate anything? My laptop does not have an LED to show whether the touchpad is operating or not. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,784
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi village32, 

Thank you for your reply! 

It is possible the issue could be hardware related. I would recommend to please contact HP phone support for further assistance. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this will help! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation