Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (177 Views)

Pavillion 15-p203nv Graphic Card Problem

Product Name: Pavillion 15-p203nv
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have problems with my graphics card NVIDIA 830m on Pavillion 15-p203nv.
When i choose to play any game using the integrated graphics from intel, i got way better fps than using the nvidia 830m.
I have updated the drivers to the latest version and also done a windows clean install but the problem persists. I have also set power options from windows and nvidia settings to high perfomance with no difference. I even updated the bios but that did not help either. The temperatures while idle are 32c-37c and no more than 65c under load, plusi have cleaned the laptop from any dust. I need help because i don't think that is normal for the integrated graphic card to perform better than the nvidia card.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 6 (143 Views)

Re: Pavillion 15-p203nv Graphic Card Problem

Hi @ChrisAg,

Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that when you are playing any game using the Intel graphics you get more fps than if you use the NVidia  830m.  You have tried updating the drivers,BIOS and set power options in the NVidia settings but the issue remains. 

• Download and save sp69616  to a known location. You will find it on the  15-p203nv software and driver page under "Driver  Graphics. NVidia. (It has both drivers)
  • Uninstall and Delete both graphic drivers
  • Restart your notebook and install the saved driver.

If the issue remains, repeat the above process but when you do the installation choose compatibility mode. Compatibility Mode (from windows10forums).  Please let me know the outcome.

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking "Accept as Solution", to the right of the Thumbs up icon. You can click the Thumbs Up Icon” to show gratitude! :)

Sparkles1

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (135 Views)

Hey Sparkles1. Thanks for your welcoming and for the reply,

I have already tried what you suggested but sadly that didn't fix it. I may be false but i don't think that it is a driver related problem. I'm looking forward for more suggestions.

Retired
Message 4 of 6 (128 Views)

Hi @ChrisAg,

Thank you for the update.

Here is something you can try. First create a restore point to come back to if necessary. 

• Press the Windows key +R (run)
  • Type "services msc"
  • under the names column  look for "Superfetch"
  • Right click "superfetch" and click on properties
  • under the "General" tab, look for "startup type" set it from automatic to" manual" then click apply then OK
  • Right click "Superfetch" again and click stop
  • restart your notebook and try playing the game again.

Please let me know if this helped.

Sparkles1

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (123 Views)

Thank you for your fast response Sparkles1,

but unfortunatelly that didn't help either and i'm running out of ideas myself. 

Just to let you know i checked the clock speed by using a monitoring software and it won't go more than 540mhz while gaming. Maybe it is because of these low clock speeds, or maybe the readings are just false..

Retired
Message 6 of 6 (97 Views)

Hi @ChrisAg

Thank you for keeping me updated. Here is a link to HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10) that may help. If the issue remains, please contact HP Support for further assistance. Contact HP Support. Please do let me know the results.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation