Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion DV6 XE085EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cant find any Graphics drivers that allow the connecting of an external screen or monitor since its been updated to windows 10.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ukracer 

The only times external monitors need drivers is when they have speakers -- and then, you need audio drivers for the speakers.

I have external monitors connected to my HP DV6, also running Windows 10, and there are no drivers needed and no issues.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Yeah but it helps if the graphic card drivers are actually installed and working.

My ATI card does not have any drivers installed and the Amithyst softwar just keeps saying can't find any AMD hardware. 😞

HP Recommended

@ukracer 

You don't have an ATI card in the PC; instead you have a video chip -- and if the drivers were not installed, the screen would be blank.

And as I said, there are no drivers for external monitors.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

How do I attach a photo of the labels attached to the laptop?

It says it has a 3560SA and an Intel option. Switchable 

The fact still remains that the external monitor only works via VGA and not HDMI

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.