Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
RAKI_1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavillion Touch screen

HP Pavilion Touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, My HP pavilion touch screen was works perfectly few weeks ago, how ever once it got stuck and started giving repeated noices and stopped working. I have tried to follow the steps as given on HP online forum to rectify issue, downloaded the software app as said so, nothing as positive yet. Bit of hassel now. Can some one help me pls to get this toch screen on & running again. Thankx 

3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1163 2312
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavillion Touch screen

Hi @RAKI_1,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! It is amazing site to post questions, find resolutions and work with the community to resolve issues. After reading your post I see that you have issues with the touchscreen not working correctly.

A superb job was done by doing such exhaustive copious troubleshooting. I am truly amazed by your superlative troubleshooting skills. Kudos to you on that score. It is always a privilege to work with technically competent minds. I understand you have tried some solutions on HP forums as well.

We need to diagnose the issue correctly and investigate if the issue is hardware or software related.

Please perform a hard reset first. Steps to do it:

• Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery only if it is a removable one.
  • Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
  • Replace the battery and reconnect the charger.

Then please run hardware diagnostics on the touchscreen from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259 following this step “Testing using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)”. There is an associated video that shows you how to do it.

If the test fails  and shows a failure code, please make a note of it. Otherwise, it may simply state that the test failed. We would then clearly know that it is a hardware issue with the touchscreen.

Please use this link to further troubleshoot the touchscreen issue. Link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03488148 Please ensure to select the correct symptom that you experience with the screen to troubleshoot the issue correctly.

Hope this helps! Please keep me posted about it. I will be glad to be at your service always. Please let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope that the issue gets resolved without hassles. Thanks for being a part of the HP community and if you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos" and also please mark it as “Accepted Solution” if this helps.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
RAKI_1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavillion Touch screen

Hi, Thankx for reply. Hard ware test passed. Checked as other software issues as well. Still no luck
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1163 2312
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavillion Touch screen

Hi @RAKI_1,

Thanks for the super quick reply. If the hardware diagnostics passed for the touchscreen I would then suggest that you do a system restore to a good known working date before the issue occurred. That should Ideally resolve the issue. Link for performing a system restore: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545 

Please select the option "Restore your computer when Windows starts normally" to complete the system  restore.

Otherwise, you will need to backup all your files and perform a system recovery to factory settings to try and correct the issue as this involves data loss.Link for system recovery:http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961#AbT4

Please chose " Recovery using HP Recovery Manager" option from this link to perform a recovery. .I genuinely hope the touchscreen issues get resolved without hassles as soon as possible.

If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos" and also please mark it as “Accepted Solution” if this helps. Please keep me posted and I will always be there to assist you.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation