Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
pavillion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this x360 N010 for yeas now and have experienced a problem occasionally.  The touch screen simply stops functioning.  it gets completely knocked out of the device manager, no HID touchscreen shows up to enable.  I have fixed it several times before, with tips online, but I cant seem to fix it this time.  I  have used the HP support assistant to scan for issues and voila, it has been fixed in the past.  Not sure what step I am missing this time, but it doesn't find the problem.  step by step description to have support assistant fix the touch screen would be appreciated.

Eric Romerstein
eric.ro@verizon,net
23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

@ericRO

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the touchscreen is not working on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03488148

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is not a hardware issue.  the diagnostic works fine.  the problem is that the HID compliant touch screen drive disappeared from device manager again.  this has happened in the past and was able to be fixed.  I cannot restore the entry now however.

Eric Romerstein
eric.ro@verizon,net
HP Recommended

@ericRO,

I recommend you perform a system reset on the computer and check if it helps.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a system reset.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This will do a destructive reinstall of windows correct?  that would require reinstallation of all of my software correct?

That is NOT an option.

once again, this is not the first time that this problem ad occurred.  there is definitely a non destructive way to accomplish this, as I was able to fix it before.

Eric Romerstein
eric.ro@verizon,net
HP Recommended

@ericRO I understand your concern, and to be sure, did you check if the touchscreen works in the BIOS Screen? 

• This would help us determine if this is either a software or hardware related issue, hence I request you tap on F10 during a PC restart and check if you can use the touch feature to select options outside windows.
  • If it doesn't work, this could be a hardware malfunction.
  • If it works, this is a software failure and best way forward is to backup all personal data into an external storage device and perform a OS reset using these steps, however, since you aren't comfortable, you could attempt creating a new user account and check if that helps first.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

yes, the touch screen works in the bios.  Again, this problem has occurred before.  replacing drivers finally fixed it last time.  I don't recall if it was the cpu driver, but I believe it was related to intel drivers.

Eric Romerstein
eric.ro@verizon,net
HP Recommended

I understand your suggestion. If I were to create another user and find that the touch works, is there a way to migrate the touch screen settings from the new user profile to the old one?  I am most frustrated because I have been able to correct this problem in the past. 

Eric Romerstein
eric.ro@verizon,net
HP Recommended

@ericRO

There is no option to migrate settings to different user account.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So then this wont help.  I'm looking more into it and I'm thinking the culprit is the intel 12c driver.  Not sure if I had fixed the problem in the past with intel driver updates.

Eric Romerstein
eric.ro@verizon,net
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.