Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@ericRO

This might require one on one interaction.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

the link just shows me that warranty has expired and has search options for the same stuff that's here in the forum.

This solution is not helpful.

I tried updating the drivers for the entries for the cpu, this did not work.  My recollection is that one of the intel components , when updated fixed the issue last time.

Eric Romerstein
eric.ro@verizon,net
HP Recommended

any other suggestions?  I would like to update ALL of the intel component drivers, as i believe this was what fixed the issue previously.  How do I go about doing this?

Eric Romerstein
eric.ro@verizon,net
HP Recommended

Still no idea how to reinstall all the intel drivers?  touch screen still does not work.

Eric Romerstein
eric.ro@verizon,net
HP Recommended

@ericRO

Thank you for posting back. 

As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would recommend reinstalling Windows Operating system will fix the issue. 

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How do I go about updating all of the intel drivers that may have an effect on the recognition of the touch screen?  As I stated, I believe that was the key last time this happened.

Eric Romerstein
eric.ro@verizon,net
HP Recommended

@ericRO

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: ( do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating ) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks....BUT, as it was doing the bios update, the system must have crashed. Now when I turn it on, I get ABSOLUTELY nothing, no beeps or anything. I was going to try and download the bios image on another machine and try flashing it. What are the bios recovery steps for this unit?

Eric Romerstein
eric.ro@verizon,net
HP Recommended

@ericRO

Thank you for posting back. 

Firstly, perform BIOS recovery:

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

Keyboard highlighting the key presses for BIOS recovery

3. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833 to know more about Recovering the BIOS.

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but there was no response from the computer. No beeps or anything. 

Eric Romerstein
eric.ro@verizon,net
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.