Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 12 (1,302 Views)

Pen Compatability for the Spectre x360 13-w0xx Kaby Lake

Product Name: Specter x360 13-w0xx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Will the spectre x360 13-w0xx Kaby Lake model ever get an active pen or stylus? After buying this product and having it for over 3 months, I do not see the reason you would make this a convertable laptop and not have it pen-supported. Also, is it possible to pair a bluetooth enabled pen to this specific laptop model?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 12 (1,293 Views)

Re: Pen Compatability for the Spectre x360 13-w0xx Kaby Lake

Hi,

Please check the following list first

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05166879

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Message 3 of 12 (1,284 Views)

I already have and my laptop model is not listed on there, have you checked the list ever before?

Professor
Message 4 of 12 (1,279 Views)

Hi Jayming,

This model isn't listed on the matrix because it doesn't have a compatible active pen/stylus.  Any passive stylus will work with the laptop.  Sorry for the bad news.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
Top Student
Message 5 of 12 (1,273 Views)

Thanks for the helpful response, but do you know if it the laptop will ever be given a an active sylus/ pen support in the future? And will it be able to pair with Bluetooth pens since Bluetooth is enabled in this specific laptop model.

Professor
Message 6 of 12 (1,269 Views)

Hey Jayming,

There are no plans that I know of to support active pen on this model.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
Message 7 of 12 (1,141 Views)

We are the suckers who bought this unit with the substandard synpatic touch screen device (if I am not mistaken).  Every other version seems to have a better touch screen device (I think the Microsoft version), which supports or will support an active pen. 

So we are stuck using a passive stylus which is pretty much useless. I specifically bought this device with the plans of using an active pen with it.

Was originally very excited for this unit and was my first HP computer and the specs were fantastic.  So disappointed.  Never buying HP ever again.  

Intern
Message 8 of 12 (1,096 Views)

I agree because the advertising photos on HP's website showed people using an active stylus at the time I bought mine in Jan-2017 and after buying a stylus I found it doesn't work on my 13t-w0xx convertible. I feel that I also was a victim of false advertising. Better call Saul!

Tutor
Message 9 of 12 (741 Views)

On the HP Specter x360 Convertible 13 Notebook website, it's clear that you can have a compatible pen after 6 months of buying the pen still unavailable, HP's support told me that the company did a great deal with Pens and they do not know what to tell me. I will never buy an HP product again.

Tutor
Message 10 of 12 (588 Views)

like It's been almost a year since I purchased this laptop, and there's still no pen that is compatible!?!?!? I feel like I've been ripped off by HP. What kind of $1000 laptop that is convertible not come with an active pen?!?!? SO frustring!

Can't they just provide a firmware or something that allows the laptop to be compatible? Atleast you were able to speak to a rep that was somewhat helpful. The reps I've talked to h ave not been helpful at all but just plain rude. So disappointed with HP. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation