Averact
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Phantom Touch

HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, my touch screen has been having a phantom touch issue. I have tried holding the power button down for five seconds when the laptop is powered off and that didn't do anything. I tried booting in to the touch screen diagnosis as well. In the square touch test I had yet to touch anything and  squares started to vanish at random. I was unable to do the drag test as every time I tried to drag the phantom touch issue blocked me from being able to drag anything. I do believe I did the dumb thing of updating things when they worked perfectly fine already, as cleaning any residue that was on the touch screen also didn't change anything. I input my serial number on the support site and updated the BIOS to F.40 as well as the touch screen FHD firmware 1.00,A,1 Rev.A. I don't know which is causing the issue but the BIOS rollback function won't rollback to the previous version and I don't have access to older versions of the BIOS or firmware.

1 REPLY 1
Averact
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, anyone from HP reading these forums? It's been quite some time since this post.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation