Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pink screen and stuck images of closed windows and programs

HP Envy 15 - u399nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop screen started flickering and its display turned into pink. Images of closed windows and photos stuck on the screen. Please help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,623 12,733 827 1,440
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pink screen and stuck images of closed windows and programs

@Ojall

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and understand that you have an HP ENVY x360 - 15-u399nr laptop. I read that the screen is flickering and pink. Also, the  Images of closed windows and photos stuck on the screen. 

I recommend you check if there was any pressure applied to the screen or if the laptop was dropped. If there has been nothing of that sort then let's try a few steps to further isolate the issue:

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. (if it's an integrated battery then leave it inside)
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Please check the display and if the display is still not proper then continue with the next set of instructions:

• Power off the laptop.
  • Power on the laptop and keep tapping the F10 on the keyboard to go to BIOS screen.
  • Please check the display in BIOS. If the display issue persists in BIOS then apparently its a hardware issue with the screen. Meanwhile, you could refer to this link for more information: http://hp.care/2fOceLT.

Feel free to let me know the outcome. Good luck!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation