Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop – 17-cg0305ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there!

First of all, some additional information about my device:

Product Number: 9YN82EA#ABD

Warranty: active up until May 27th 2022

Basically, the problem I am facing right now is a monitor screen which, at times, just suddenly becomes pixelated. It is not like everything is completely blurry – for me, the pixelation just looks like there is a slightly shifted duplication of the screen on top which is interfering with the „original“ screen below. I have provided a video below so that you yourself can have a look at what I am talking about.

At first, this „pixelated“ state only occasionally occurred when I used the full-screen mode during an active meeting in the application „Zoom“. Lately however, the pixelation seems to be occurring quite randomly. So up until now I was not able to find the real origin of the problem. The only thing that is common every time, is the fact that the screen turns black or just jitters for a split-second before the pixelation begins. Moreover, the pixelation affects everything on screen (also the terminal) and remains, although I close every program that is currently in use.

The most interesting thing is though, that in the pixelated state, the pixelation only keeps up as long as there is something moving on the screen, e.g:

• I am moving my mouse cursor
  • a video is being played
  • I am in an active Zoom meeting

When I am not doing any of this, the pixelation will stop and will begin again when I am moving my cursor etc. The only way to really exit the state of pixelation is to reboot/ restart my notebook.

Up until now I have experienced the most pixelation in an active Zoom meeting up to a point where the whole screen would just turn black. During that incident, I could still hear the voices of the people in the meeting itself, so programs running in the background were still active.

I once also tried recording my screen during the pixelation. In the recording itself however, everything was perfectly fine – no sign of pixelation whatsoever.

Furthermore, I also installed the latest updates but the pixelation kept reoccurring. Hardware-wise, also I have not made any changes. Concerning the software though, I have installed external programs and certain programs provided by the university I am enrolled at, which are needed for my work. Other than that no changes have been made.

Moreover, before the pixelation begins as well as during the pixelated state, no error messages are being displayed.

Do you have any tips about what I can do/ try the next time the pixelation reoccurs, without rebooting/ restarting my laptop? I am really curious to find out where the pixelation actually might originate from and what really is causing it to occur.

Overall, I am still quite confused and would be very happy if you could help me out/ give some advice.

Thanks in advance for your efforts! ðŸ’“
cleanPixel

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.