Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Notebook 15t-q400 CTO (energy star)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a secondhand HP Envy Notebook 15t-q400 CTO for my daughter to play Sims 4, when I did the System Requirements Lab: Can You Run It check it says that the laptop has 'better than minimum requirements', however every time the game begins to load it flashes a little then BSoD Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 

When I ran BurnInTest all tests passed except the 3D test which also crashed to the BSoD.

When I look in BlueScreenView it says its caused by driver: Watchdog.sys and address: watchdog.sys+41a0

I've unistalled and reinstalled and rolled back countless drivers direct from HP... Intel,,, NVIDIA... Microsoft... I've followed every troubleshooter I can find and read dozens of forum posts,,, I'm going mad trying to resolve this! So I'm begging for anyone that knows about these things to please give me some advice!

This is the link to .txt my dxdiag notes  and the .txt.Minidump analysis from WhoCrashed 

Please and thank you for any assistance.

Kat

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MyMuses Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting a VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR error message.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

As you have stated that you have already updated the graphics drivers. I would suggest you perform the system reset.

If the issue still persists, you have to perform the recovery.

Note: Performing the recovery you will lose the personal data and installed application.

Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.