Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15 inch eb0020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a second monitor and wanted to plug it into a Thunderbold 3 port on my Specter x360 laptop through a USBC to HDMI adapter, but it doesn't work. The screen works with the HDMI output and the adapter works with my cell phone and tablet. Also the thunderbold port works for charging and data with the same adapter. Does anyone know why and what needs to be done to make this work? Is this a configuration problem? Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @HOMS,

I'd like to help!

Sometimes the adapter may not work, you will have to purchase a Docking station.

However, perform the USB test

For instructions, refer to- Testing for Hardware Failures

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.