Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4104no (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having problems with my active stylus (HP product number 797838-002). The computer seems to somehow respond to the pen since the pen dot shows up when touching the screen, though it is unable to perform any action or writing. 

I recently bought the Microsoft Surface pen (also active), recommended by the retailer. It is enable to connect with bluetooth but the screen is not reacting at all and I suspect it to only be compatible with newer Spectre x360 models.

What are my options at this point?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Fred-Mikal .
On your computer you can only use a passive stylus ( capacitive stylus ) or use any finger of your hands, so the pens you have used are not compatible for your laptop.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

That sounds odd to me, as the first mentioned pen has worked perfectly for several years,both toich and side burtons. Not until recently has there been issues with this pen, but it seems to be a discontinued product. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.