Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,031 Views)

Probook 6570b Screen Upgrade

[ Edited ]
Product Name: 6570b Proobook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Okay, I have the 6570b which has the 1366 x 768 screen. 

I read here (yes here), that there were 3 screens available, the 1366 x 768, the 1600 x 900 and the 1920 x 1080, and that they could be physically installed into my laptop without issues.

So, I went ahead and bought the 1920 x 1080 screen (Part No. 690405-001).

I do a lot of PC/Laptop/iPhone repairs, so this was not a big task for me. 

I replaced the screen no problem, powered up the laptop, and nothing. The screen itself lit up, so I knew it was getting power.

I read somewhere else that maybe I needed the HD screen cable (Part No. 646969-001); so I went ahead and bought that too.

I've just finished installing the cable, and reassembled the laptop, only to be presented with the same issue. Black sceen, but backlit.

Any ideas?

EDIT - Appears I bought the exact same cable (got the part number from another forum). I have now ordered the Part Number MPN 50.4RY03.001. Let's see if that one works when it arrives.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 4 (1,009 Views)

Re: Probook 6570b Screen Upgrade

Hello @shokka9 

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

To get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since the Probook 6570b is a commercial product. You can do this here: Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE

The support page for your product may be helpful in the meantime: HP ProBook 6570b Notebook PC

I hope this helps!

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Student
Message 3 of 4 (752 Views)

Hi I was wondering if you got the 1920X1080 screen to work? Was the cable part of the problem? I have been looking at doing the upgrade myself because the software we use for work makes it difficult to multi task without using a second monitor. Increasing the resoluiton would be a huge help. I have the part number you listed below for the screen if you can remember the part number for the cable if it worked that would be a huge help. Thanks. 

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (749 Views)

Short answer, no.

Long answer, I still have the panel, and just need this cable 646970-001 FHD cable.

If you want the panel, I can sell it to you for a good price.

Whilst opening my case, the hinge joint on one side broke. I don't really want to be reopening the case. It's fine when all put back together.

It should work with the cable above in this post
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation