Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello!

I'm getting ready to upgrade to Windows 10 and have a question regarding my laptop.  Per my original order, the product number I ordered was E4S82AV, but the HP Support Assistant and the battery compartment say it is E1P14AV. When I key E4S82AV into the product number on the HP Support website, no software or drivers are found. I have a matte screen, non-touch model. 

Can anyone tell me the difference between these two product numbers and why the one I ordered doesn't seem to exist on the support website? Is it because of the touch vs non-touch screen?

I'm just concerned that, if I need any software or driver updates, the ones under E1P14AV are really appropriate for my system. 

For example, I had a problem with an update through the HP Support Assistant on my CyberLink PowerDVD Software failing (it did eventually update okay).  It had a Softpaq number of SP70823 and that folder already exists in my C:\SWSetup folder.  I checked the support website, thinking I would try to download the software from there, but I don't see SP70823 listed as an option under E1P14AV .

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition is a CTO (configure to order) machine that starts out with a base product number which changes to a specific product number after you order it with the specs you want. Not sure about the download- but not the first time nor model that has software missing from the support page.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Your Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition is a CTO (configure to order) machine that starts out with a base product number which changes to a specific product number after you order it with the specs you want. Not sure about the download- but not the first time nor model that has software missing from the support page.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.