Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15t (X6W16AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased recently laptop HP Envy 15t ( X6W16AV) for a specific reason that it was adevrtised with anti-glare screen option. I puirchased 2, as I liked the specs and especially liked that there was anti-glare option. After products arrived, it turns out that they both came with glossy (very glossy) screen. I thought it was a wrong product that was shipped, but after spending considerable time and effort (phone, chat, phisycal return for inspection), it turns out that anti-glare screen is not even an option. Really, REALLY disappointed.  Beware of HP's deceitful advertisment!

This is the spec that was offered to me when I was purcahsing:

HP Wide Vision HD Webcam with Dual Digital
3-cell 52 WHr Lithium-ion Battery
Intel® Core™ i7-7500U (2.7 GHz, up to 3.5
Windows 10 Pro 64
15.6" diagonal UHD IPS UWVA anti-glare
Full-size island-style backlit keyboard
HP ENVY - 15t Touch Laptop
16GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (2 x 8GB)
Intel® 802.11ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®
1 TB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please do not shoot the messanger. Anti-glare screen and matte screen are two different screens.   Anti-glare screens still are glossy screens which are designed to cut down on the amount of light that reflects off the display.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the clarification. Without the intent of shooting the messanger, and also with the background in the field of glass optics, this would be the worst example of anti-glare that I ever heard of.  Matte is just one way to describe surface that would be considered anti-glare (scattering reflection). glossy screen cannot be considered anti-glare under almost any circumstance, other than if reflectance was down to 1 or 2 %, which this screen is clearly not. It looks every bit like highly reflective mirror surface as any other reflective screen. HP needs to stop using anti-glare for something that is NOT anti-glare.

HP Recommended

Can anyone share whether HP makes any 15" laptop with an anti-glare screen? I'm used to Lenovo but their keyboards don't last long and there are keys on the right side of the keyboard that when pressed erase all that was just typed. Can't pinpoint the keys but I bought a Lenovo keyboard for a desktop and there's the same problem, so I'm hoping to find an anti-glare laptop without that keyboard defect. HP wouldn't be a feasible laptop option if having to look through glass. I first bought HP but couldn't see because the laptop I bought had a glass cover. Kids may like it because it's shiny but it's not for adults. Hard on the eyes, for one. HP knows it's a problem because a user just showed an ad of HP advertising anti-glare that was not and had a glass cover.

Thanks for advice based on experience.

HP Recommended

It is disingenuous to try to distinguish between matte and anti-glare. Anti-glare is matte. The bottom line is readability. I think I have the answer I seek: HP does not make matte/anti-glare screens and knows it's a problem. The question is why??? The only answer I can think of is that HP thinks it's not cool and that it won't sell as well as shiny screens that look like better toys.

HP Recommended

@Breeze111

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.