Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-cb0006na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is a few purple marks on my screen and I would like to know first off, what are they, and second off if they are covered by warranty. I've linked a picture below they are visable in any low light games. Thank you for any response!download.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @FlamingFury691 

Privacy Problem:

Please edit your first post and remove the image, crop the image so that only the screen is visible (no people!)

Do you have same error pattern on external monitor connected via vga/hdmi ?

Please report your results

HP Recommended

Have done, they do not show on hdmi and my apologies for not cropping the photo.

HP Recommended

Hello @FlamingFury691 

In your case: Service is required !
- The computer should be disassembled and checked.

- [ Always recommended ] Thermal paste for CPU GPU and bridges should be renewed
- [ Always recommended ] The function of the fan(s) must be checked

- Display cable check or replace

- Screen check or replace
- General cleaning ...

HP warranty valid -> Contact HP Support

HP warranty expired:

If you can't do that, you should have it serviced by a professional notebook (chip level) repair store.

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.