3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Radeon Graphics not showing in Device Manager

HP Pavillion N047TX
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi!

I have a HP Pavillion N047TX. It has a 2GB Graphics card. The sticker on the laptop shows that it is a Radeon Graphics but I can see it nowhere in my device manager. I tried downloading AMD Auto Detect but it also says that there is no driver detected. Somebody please help regarding how to enable the graphics driver for using it. I even tried re installing windows but in vain. I want it to be my primary driver. The only thing I can see in device manager under Display Adapters is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. Please help

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
16094 16038 1490 3565
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Radeon Graphics not showing in Device Manager

shivamsynth

Have to ask -- WHAT did you use for the Windows reinstall?

That's really important -- because the ONLY install media that will work properly on your PC is the HP Recovery Media, because that contains not only the HP OEM version of Windows that came preinstalled on your PC, but it also contains the right video drivers for switchable graphics that is present on your PC.

IF you install from MS media or from something you downloaded, that will not be the right Windows version and it will not have the right video drivers -- which will prevent you from seeing the AMD video chipset.

Since HP most likely does not stock the Win7 recovery media anymore, a couple of other sites you should check are: http://www.computersurgeons.com/  and http://www.restoredisks.com/

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation