cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Radeon Software and drivers issues with windows 10

HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360 - 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

greetings,

So since I have purchased these 2 in 1 laptops (HP Envy X360 13-ar0012au (Ryzen 7 3700U) and HP Envy X360 13-ag0xxx (Ryzen5 2500U)) and I have been facing a plethora of issues with video drivers.

This is the 1st time I am posting about it just because I got really fed up with it and I am selling both these devices.

(as of now the Ryzen 5 model was finally sold, hopefully the 2nd one will follow soon)

here are the issues I am facing for every one who decides to purchase an AMD Ryzen Radeon device. 

1- for some reason AMD latest drivers are never implemented through updates and you are always stuck at least 2 to 3 drivers before the current driver which would not be an issue if the installed driver was functioning as it should and is bug free.

2- Windows update and HP support assistance never seem to agree which driver to install, Hp support assistance updates the driver only for windows update to revert it back to some other version which causes the AMD Radeon Software to stop functioning.

3- The last driver offered on HP support website for the Ryzen 5 version (which keeps getting pushed through HP Support assistance) actually bricks the laptops screen and gets it stuck seconds after booting, the system keeps functioning just nothing is displayed on the screen, the only way to solve that problem was to connect an external monitor to the device to use it, after months of trying to solve this problem I was ready to give up, then I decided to download the latest driver from AMD website which worked like a charm and made the laptop screen come back to life again.

4- now on the Ryzen 7 unit, HP support assistance latest driver won't install because it says it isn't compatible with this version of windows, so I installed the latest driver from AMD website which is working fine, except windows update keeps reverting me to a generic driver every time it updates and AMD Radeon software stops functioning until I reinstall the AMD driver again.

honestly I can't keep dealing with all these issues I bought these devices at a premium so I could do my work without headaches and it seems like that is still very much a dream with HP, even contacting HP support and posting on the forum which takes weeks of back and froth doesn't really solve any thing. 

So this is my final post here before I sell the last HP device I have and convert to another brand that can deal with this sort of things.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation