Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Random Cracked Screen

HP Sprectre x 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Today I went to open my HP Spectre x 360, and the whole left side of my screen was cracked. It was just sitting on my desk in my room since the last time I opened it. One of the cracks is about 3" long across the middle of my screen. I have no idea where these cracks came from, but after reading through other discussion posts, this seems to be an extremely common issue and a product defect. The crack is making my touch screen act up and stop responding when the cracks appeared, so I had to disable it.

My computer is still under warrenty, but I am having a hard time finding where to go about contacting customer service. It seems to me that people who had this issue had to pay a hefty amount a money to get it repaired, and I am EXTREMELY disappointed that a laptop I just purchased a couple of months ago broke like this, and now one of the main features that I purchased it for (the touch screen) is no longer working. Does anyone have any recommendations of the best/cheapest way to get this fixed?

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8121 482 914
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Random Cracked Screen

Greetings @Lizzie111

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 
You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 
Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation