cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
asiarm
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Random black screen in the middle of use

HP Recommended
Pavilion x360

While I am using my laptop the screen will randomly go black almost as if it is going to sleep but I am using it. The keyboard and mouse remain functional while this is happening (i.e. I can type something or click with the mouse while the screen is black and once the screen returns whatever I typed is there/whatever I clicked is selected). I am not sure what to do about this but it is becoming more and more frequent (and actually just happened while I was typing this). This laptop is less than a year old. 

3 REPLIES 3
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,825 1,961 2,157
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@asiarm

I reviewed your post and I understand that the display is going black randomly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

What is the operating system you are using?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
asiarm
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @the_fossette

My product number is 9GE49UA#ABA and my operating system is Windows 10 Version 20H2 (64-bit)

I installed the BIOS driver, but am not sure where to find the graphics driver you referenced. The two options I see are either a driver-chipset or a driver-network but neither of them reference graphics. Which one should I be downloading? 

Also, since installing the BIOS driver I have still been experiencing the same problem, if that helps to have any additional information. 

Thanks again for your help! I am looking forward to having this problem solved. (-: 

The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,825 1,961 2,157
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@asiarm

Below is the link to download the graphics driver for your computer.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp105501-106000/sp105910.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation