sandersdad72
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Random black screen

HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 14M-DW0013DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Purchased this laptop as a Christmas gift from Best Buy.  Wasn't used until a few weeks or so after Christmas.  Started to notice the screen would randomly go black.  Didn't matter whether we were working a program, browsing the internet, or even just sitting on the desktop.  Monitor settings were set to not go to sleep.  All updates had been done.  Finally called HP support and a tech did a remote session where he uninstalled and reinstalled the display driver, and updated the BIOS.  The problem continued so HP sent the dreaded box for shipping.  It was sent for repair and sent back with the only repair description being an OS reinstall, and driver updates.  My issue with that is the OS was not reinstalled, so I don't know why they'd put that in the repair description.   Needless to say, the  random black screen problem continued.  We called support again, and they said they were escalating the issue, and sent yet another shipping box.  We just recently received the laptop back and surprise, the problem continues.  This time the repair description says the Motherboard assy was replaced.  As I've written this post, the screen has went black twice, while I sit and wait for it to come back on.  This is getting beyond frustrating because while I haven't yet called support again I know they're just going to explain that they'll need to send yet another box to ship back for "repair".  

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation