Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Note from moderators: this message was originally posted in another topic, but it was moved to a new one to give more visibility for volunteers that help customers in the Community.

Original topic URL: Solved: Broken Hinge - HP Support Community - 8410384

Reply:

Hello, I am seeking help for a similar issue. I have HP Envy Laptop 13-aq0...

My hinge has broken on the right hand side when viewed from the front & the black plastic pieces have fallen out.

So now when the lap top is opened it separates from the base but can be clicked back into place.

I have noticed the newer generation of Envy has a completely new design preventing this from happening.

Please advise. Could I get this part from HP & replace the part myself as my laptop is out of warranty. (expired 06/2020) 

Kind regards 

P1Darbs 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @P1Darbs 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. We are really sorry that you are facing hinge-related issues with your HP Envy Laptop 13-aq0. We want to help you with it. 

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.