Joyzton Tutor
Tutor
13 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Cant adjust brightness

i can not adjust my HP 15-ac022nia brightness after i mistakenly deleted the Os that came with it 8.1 but i installed windows 10 instead now i can not adjust my brightness what can i do?
7 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
98969 13523 20876
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be for you to install the graphics driver and restart the PC.

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If highdefinition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78245.exe

0 Kudos
Joyzton Tutor
Tutor
13 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

oops still the same thing !! what else can I do please?
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
98969 13523 20876
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device category.

You should be seeing an Intel HD graphics driver listed there.

If you see a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter listed there, that means the driver didn't install (probably the wrong driver I gave you).

If you do see an Intel HD graphics adapter listed there, unfortunately, I wouldn't know why you can't adjust the display brightness, if it is stuck on maximum.

0 Kudos
Joyzton Tutor
Tutor
13 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did not see an Intel HD graphics adapter listed there after installing the driver. please what else can I do?
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
98969 13523 20876
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

See if this graphics driver works...

Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver - Braswell (Windows 10 v1607)

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78245.exe

0 Kudos
Joyzton Tutor
Tutor
13 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it was the same driver you sent previously. will like to know if my system supports window 10? because I mistakenly deleted the windows 8.1 that came with it but I now installed windows 10 on it and the brightness issue is the only challenge that I have . WHAT CAN I DO REGARDING THIS? thanks for your dedication I really appreciate.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
98969 13523 20876
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry about that.

The only other suggestion I can offer, would be to try this graphics driver.

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If highdefinition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72395.exe

Your notebook is supported by HP for W10 and if the above driver doesn't work, I suggest you contact HP technical support and submit a support case under the warranty, if your notebook is still covered by the warranty.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation