Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my HP Notebook 15-ay039wm. About 6 weeks ago, the visual lines started to pop up occasionally, but it has gradually been getting worse. Some days lately, when my laptop boots up there are just two equal blocks of black and white next to each other. If I move my laptop around, the blocks go away and my regular screen comes back. Eventually, the vertical lines come back (sometimes on just the right half of the screen), and I have to move the laptop around to make them disappear. I find that the longer I am on my laptop, the worse the lines get.  I also ran the diagnostic tool and all it did was tell me an IRQ test failed, but when I submitted the code to HP support, nothing happened. I kept getting stuck in a loop. The IRQ configuration may not be the problem anyway.

I probably need a new graphics card, but I may not be able to take my laptop into a computer repair place at the moment for them to check to see if this is the problem. So, if anyone knows how to fix this problem, please let me know. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CBDC2020 If you have to move the laptop around to get these lines to disappear, I'm afraid we are dealing with a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.