cancel
Intern
Intern
18 14 0 7
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: HP Spectre x360 - Bright Spot on Screen

I have the same issue, has a solution been found? I have a rather large mark, like the edges of a rounded square of around 5 cm high to the left of the centre of the screen, where the HP logo starts on the back. It looks like there is something behind the screen shimmering through...

I've been having various issues since I've had the laptop, one of them being that it is crooked, another is that on start-up, it'll flash some sort of static lines (like a screen/graphics malfunction) for a second or so before going to Windows. For a while it also flashed these lines at random while I was working, but I suspect that may have been a driver issue.

On the whole, I'm rather happy with the laptop, but the different issues are very worrying, I don't trust that it will last very long, especially because there seem to be issues with the build quality. For a laptop this expensive, I had expected much better, especially since my HP Pavilion dm1, which was only 400€ or so, lasted me a solid 4 yeard and never had any build issues whatsoever...

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: HP Spectre x360 - Bright Spot on Screen

Hi @ineram,

Thank you for your query. When posting it is important to include your precise model of HP notebook and the operating system you are running. to aid the community in assisting you.

What is your precise model of Spectre x 360?

What operating system are you running?

I understand that you have a rather large mark, like the edges of a rounded square, around 5 cm high to the left of the center of the screen, where the HP logo starts on the back of your Spectre x360. It looks as if something is shining through. For troubleshooting purposes, I am assuming you are running Windows.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?

Have you run the HP Support Assistant?

Here is a link I hope will help you to overcome this difficulty.

HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting a Notebook LCD Panel Issue (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please let me know the outcome.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation