cancel
DBinMO Tutor
Tutor
5 2 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: HP Split 13 x 2 Product number: E8C34UA#ABA has screen issues

Screen flickers on an off.  When pressure is applied to the edges, the screen works ok.  Acts like an electrical  short would. 

To recap:  Laptop about 2 1/2 ys old  & has worked fine up till now.  Screen problem was mild but now getting worse.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: HP Split 13 x 2 Product number: E8C34UA#ABA has screen issues

Hi @DBinMO,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What operating system are you running? 

I grasp that your display flickers on and off when pressure is applied to the edges.  Do you mean the edge of the display itself or the edge of the display frame? Has there been any recent changes to your system before this occurred? Have you done all your Windows updates? Have you run the HP Support Assistant? Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?

This link may help. HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting a Notebook LCD Panel Issue (Windows 8/8.1, 7). Please keep me posted on your progress.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation