cancel
Highlighted
kirsty_mcq17 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: I hard reset my laptop, error occurred and now my laptop is in a state of constant reboot.

I used the media profile to download Windows 10 to a USB and everything worked fine but now there's another problem. My laptop was working after reinstalling Windows, but then I shut my laptop over and went away for ten minutes or so and I've came back to a black screen with no display at all. The white LED is on so my laptop is on. It has around 40% charge in it as of typing this. The screen is unresponsive. Please help again but thank you for helping me fix the first issue.
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
229 228 19 38
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: I hard reset my laptop, error occurred and now my laptop is in a state of constant reboot.

Hi @kirsty_mcq17,

Thanks for the update on your situation. I understand that you are now having issues with the display being blank and the system unresponsive.

Have you tried doing a hard reset since the system stopped responding?

If the system will not boot into Windows normally, let me know if you get any errors. You can also try using Safe mode.

Once you are able to log back in, please make sure you download the latest HP drivers and Windows Updates.

From what you described, it sounds like the system may have gone into sleep or hibernate mode. This document will take you through troubleshooting possible issues with those features.

If you feel this post has answered your question, take a moment to click Accept as Solution.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
kirsty_mcq17 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop seems to fine now. I left it on overnight as I couldn't turn it off and the screen has started displaying again. Thank you very much for your help with the issues.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation