Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have same inquiry. Pretty sure my 2017 Omen was the base model with wled screen. 120hz screen is brighter apparently.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@OmenGamepass Welcome to HP Community! Have you gone through all the steps suggested to the OP on the other post? If yes, here's what you need to do:

Solution 1: Uninstall and reinstall the display driver

Driver files should be uninstalled before you update to newer drivers, or when removing an older graphics card and replacing with a new one. Here’s how to uninstall display drivers from your system:

Right click Start
Select Device Manager
Click Display driver/adapter

Select the name of your display driver e.g. NVidia
Click Uninstall
Confirm that you wish to continue with the uninstall
Once driver files have uninstalled, restart your computer to automatically install the generic display driver

Solution 2: Disable adaptive brightness

It is recommended to let the adaptive brightness feature work, but try and disable it to see if it helps.

Click Start and type Calibrate display color in the search box
Click on Calibrate display color from the search results
On Display Color Calibration, click Next to open the Set basic color settings screen, then click Next again
A new window “How to adjust gamma” will open, click Next.  Adjust gamma window opens. Set the color settings to your preference. Sliding up increases brightness, while sliding down decreases it. Press next when done.
The Find the brightness and contrast controls for your display window opens.
Click Skip brightness and contrast adjustment if you don’t want to adjust brightness and contrast.
If you want to adjust brightness and contrast, click Next to open How to adjust brightness window, then click next again.
Use your display controls to adjust the brightness until you can see clearly, then click Next twice and adjust your contrast settings.
Click Next again to open the How to adjust color balance window, and click Next to proceed.
A new window called Adjust color balance will open so you can slide to adjust primary colors like red, blue or green accordingly. Click Next to proceed.
Click Finish to save your settings

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.