Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Re: Spectre 13-w0xx touch pad too sensitive

HP Recommended

We are having the same ssues with our 2 hp Spectre x360 17 only a couple months old each.

The Touch pad is annoying, it is constantly grabbing web pages as you scroll down the page.

I adjusted the sensitivity down but it doesnt help much, HP  needs to step up with a fix for this issue.

Both our computers are still under warranty and I am considering forcing a repair/replace touchpad claim.

I know they will probably just instal the same faulty unit but if enough computers come in for replacements, it should force them to come up with a fix.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
2,846 2,788 371 1,085
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi GregBoise,

I regret to inform you that it may be unlikely they will have the computer sent in for a repair because of touchpad sensitivity issues. However, there's no harm in trying.

Contact HP Worldwide here.

Check warranty status here.

Assuming you're running Windows 10, please ensure you have tried to adjust the touchpad sensitivity in both Windows Settings and the touchpad manufacturer settings (probably Synaptics). You could also try seeing if uninstalling the touchpad in Device Manager or installing newer touchpad drivers will help.

To recommend drivers, a specific model/product number would be appreciated. (Please do not post serial numbers on the HP Support Forum)

Information on how to find a laptop's model/product number is detailed in this HP document.

Regards,

kem579

Hit the Accept as Solution if I solved your problem.
Hit the thumbs up to show appreciation!

I am currently taking an indefinite break.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 8 0 4
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's really the worst touchpad I've used on any computer and I've used many over the years (and I've owned six HP laptops).  There are multiple problems, including the fact that the touchpad has no specific areas for mouse-clicks (as all other touchpads do).  The other problem is the extreme sensitivity.  Users have to be extremely careful to not accidentally move or delete files, when using this terrible device.

All of that said, I don't think HP cares about customer complaints regarding the touchpad.  I called customer service a few weeks after I purchased mine, and the technician (who really did try to help) walked me through all of the routine fixes.  When none of that worked, he suggested I delete drivers and reinstall them.  Again, that does nothing.  The problem is hardware-related, and I don't think there's anything that can be done, other than taking the computers back to the store and demanding your money back.  I sort of wish I had done that, although in every other respect, it's a great laptop.

Highlighted
Level 4
118 107 0 24
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Don't get the touchpad replaced, it's a waste of time. Tech Support replaced my touchpad and it's exactly the same now.

The best thing to do is go into the touchpad settings and basically move all the sliders to the right until the touchpad just barely works. I finally gave up and HP refuses to do anything beyond remove and replace the drivers which doesn't do any good. Make sure that you have the latest driver as it helps but doesn't solve the problem.

I love the laptop except for the touchpad and the fact it doesn't accept a stylus. I've got the original version which the advertising shows people using the active stylus yet found that it was several versions later in the first few months that the stylus was supported. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation