Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
TwoDrummers Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Weird Black Bars and lines on text/font

I am having the exact same issue.  I have two identical laptops, purchased on the same day, that are both having this issue. A soft boot (restart) seems to clear it up.  Many times it seems as though a hard boot will NOT fix it.  Tool Tips in the notification area are affected.  Drop down menus look ok until you point to something, then that item is illegible.  I pressed Ctrl + Alt + S to get the information below, and I could not read any of it.  I was able to copy and paste it though.

Seems to be happening more frequently in the last couple of weeks, has been going on for a few months now.  Maybe since the Anniversary Update, but I can't be sure.

Don't have an external monitor to try. 

Product name:HP Pavilion Notebook
Product number:T0D95UA#ABA
Serial number:(removed content)
Software build ID:15WW3CGT601#SABA#DABA
Motherboard ID:80A1
Feature byte:3Q6b7K7M7WaBapaqasauawbhbpbzcbdUdXdpdq.Aq
OS version:ML
Service ID:20160214
BIOS:F.82-08/18/2016
Keyboard revision:91.1E
Total memory:8.00 GB
Processor name:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz

3 REPLIES
TwoDrummers Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it ok piggy-backing on this thread, or do I need to start my own?  I'm not getting any responses...

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @TwoDrummers,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Notebook and Black Bars and lines on text/font. There are some Windows updates that are needed, and it will help. 

Have you run the HP Support assistant to see if there are updates for your Model of Notebook.

Please let me know how it goes.

Click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos high five, just to say thanks for trying.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
byrnesrobert Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I believe I am having the same problem. See attached image. It looks like a failure of the graphic card?

All of the software is up to date from Microsoft and HP so that is NOT the problem.

Should I send my NEW aptop back before this problem speads? Thank you!

Robert

displayProblem.png

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation