Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

If you plug the part number into a Google search a list of 4 pages comes up showing all the places where the pen is supposed to be released. I contacted on and the reply simply stated they weren't able to send to Australia. Also most of them are "out of stock".

I bought this device purely for the pen usage and now can not find any pens that are USI compliant. There's ample sites and reports shouting out the benefits and how great this is supposed to be, yet there are no pens available to buy. Finally if these Chromebooks are supposed to support a "Universal" system, then they should work with all bloody pens. How can a system be universal if you can only use compliant pens? That's not universal, that's just another protocol you have to carefully select your hardware to match. Yes I'm really ticked off by this.

Don't advertise it if you're not going to support it and back it up. I am sorely disappointed and will not buy HP again!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Peniwise, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand your concern, I'd wish to escalate this issue to the concerned team. Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

TEJ1602:

I too have been looking for the USI Rechargeable Pen for the Chromebook x360 12b.  It was supposed to be available in November 2019 as published in most of the release info to the media.  I have been waiting patiently and purchased the Chromebook because of the new USI pen ability. Even the User Manual mentions use of the pen and the magnetic attachment.

The pen has been released in Europe and Australia. I have contacted most vendors including the HP Store for each country and they are unable to ship to the US.  Can you please escalate this issue within HP and get us an answer as to when the pen will be released and available in the US please.  

Product# 8NN78AA #ABA (US).   Opt ABB is available in Europe

Thank you;

Potsdambrian

HP Recommended

@potsdambrian

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you TEJ1602.  I look forward to hearing from the team. I appreciate your help escalating the issue.

Have a great day

HP Recommended

Hi TEJ1602;

The HP Rechargeable USI Pen is now available in the US HP Store.  Product 8NN78AA #ABL. $69.99

Regards;

Potsdambrian

HP Recommended

Hi Peniwise;

The HP Rechargeable USI Pen is now available in the HP Store.  Product 8NN78AA #ABL $69.99.  

Regards;

Potsdambrian

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.