Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 6 (272 Views)

Re: spectre X360 mouse problems

I am have the same issue on a brand new spectre x360 I just purchased. My bios and drivers are all up to date.

Is there another solution to this problem other than a reboot or closing the lid?

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 6 (243 Views)

HI @skijamma,

Welcome to the HP Forum!  It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.  What specific Spectre x360 do you have? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? What operating system are you running? 

I understand that  you have an issue with the mouse behavior. You have updated the BIOS and drivers but there has been no change. Have you made any changes to your system, hardware, or software? Have you done all your Windows updates? Have you run the Windows troubleshooter? Have you run the HP Support Assistant? Please provide details of what the mouse is doing. 

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution”  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

Top Student
Message 3 of 6 (238 Views)

HI,
This problem existed out of the box before any updates and software was loaded.

I have since updated the drivers, installed the WIndows 10 Anniversary update, and installed the latest BIOS update.

I did run the support assistant.

I am not sure if I ran the windows trouble shooter. I may have.

The problem is intermittent and cannot predict when this will happen.

I noticed that when the mouse cursor is stuck it appears to be hogging the input. The touchsreen, external mouse and touch pad all try to gain control but as soon as they try it immediately goes back to the lower lefthand corner near Cortana.  There is a circular halo around the mouse pointer and it is continuously flickering.

I have seen on this forum that others have the same issue but have seen no resolution to the issue posted.

I am Currently running the F2 System Extensive test to scan for hardware issues.

my system is 

HP Spectre X360
13-4125nr

Product # V8U00UA#ABA
Retired
Message 4 of 6 (233 Views)

Hi @skijamma,

Thank you for the update. I understand that the issue is intermittent and that you have an external mouse attached. With that being the case, it could be that you are unknowingly touching the touchpad, perhaps with your palm .   If you disable the touchpad when you connect an external mouse does the issue remain?   How To Turn Off Touchpad When Mouse Is Connected In Windows 10/7/8.1 (from intowindows.com). This is a site outside of HP and any third party ads or software are not endorsed by HP.

Sparkles1

Top Student
Message 5 of 6 (229 Views)

This has happened with and without an external mouse attached and happens with no palm nor fingers touching the touch pad.  The laptop is just sitting there untouched.

The System Extensive test passed.

The System Fast test passed.

The System Quick test passed.

All of the comppoent tests passed except the Network due to UEFI not supported or not enbled.

Retired
Message 6 of 6 (226 Views)

Hi@ckijamma,

Thank you for the update.  Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10). If the issue remains, as this occurred out of the box and you have done all your updates, please contact HP Support for further assistance. With your permission they can remotely connect to your system to help find and fix difficulties. Contact HP Support  Fill out the online form and follow the prompts. Please keep me updated on your progress.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation