Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recorded video will not play

HP Split x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I recently recorded a video interview using my laptop's video recording, the video was a little over 30 minutes long. When I went to play the video, my computer would not play it. When I try to open it, it says "Can not play. Choose something else to play. This item is in a format we don't support.  0xc1010103" even though it will play other videos I have recorded on the computer. I am not sure if the video was too long or if it somehow got corrupted. 

This is a very important video that I need for a class assignment, is there any way I can play it? 

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
9,723 9,637 904 2,628
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

VLC can play almost any video with its own codec pack.  Try that first.  If VLC cannot play it, then it might need repair.  Let me know.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
miki253 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i'm currently having the same problem, which i recorded with my HP laptop and in the process of saving the program shut down but a file was still created for a size. Is there a way to try to fix this?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,723 9,637 904 2,628
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@miki253:

In order to receive help. please state the software and the process being used.  Please include the model number the of PC, also.  While the issue may be related to the previous problem, it does not sound as it is. 

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation