Highlighted
VSRK Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Regarding the display light of My P C being spoiled.

HP 15 NOTEBOOK AM091TU [edited]
Dear Sir,
I am P K Bhagat from Chandigarh. 
The display light of my PC stopped working suddenly. All the functions are working smoothly but the display lights are not working.
So please do the needful.
4 REPLIES
VSRK Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post

Please look in to it and resolve my problem.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4841 256 322
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post

@VSRK

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)

As I understand, you're in need of support, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues?

Were there any hardware/software changes made? 

Have you checked in the display in BIOS?

Are you referring about display backlight?

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

• Please connect the notebook to an external monitor and check the display quality. 
  • Increase the brightness of your display.

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting, 

If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure.

However, if it doesn't show up in the BIOS, it would confirm a software issue and we'll need to reinstall or update the display drivers using the Official HP Website: Click here. 

Also, you could refer to this article for troubleshooting steps: Click here

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

0 Kudos
WillianS Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post

Hi Mr. Bhagat,

There are few steps which you can perform to resolve your issue:

• Drain all the Excess Charge
  • Replace Bad Ram Stick
  • Connect with External Monitor

DRAIN ALL THE EXCESS CHARGE:

• First of all, pull the power cable from your system.
  • Take out the battery.
  • Now, hold the Power Button for 60 seconds.
  • Again, connect all the disconnected items such as Battery and Power Cable.
  • Try this method for 3 times repeatedly.

REPLACE BAD RAM STICK:

Pull out the RAM Stick and place it on another side. Maybe the existing RAM slot could be corrupted for some reasons.

If it doesn’t work, try a New RAM Stick and place it.

HOOK UP WITH EXTERNAL MONITOR:

• If the above two option fails, try to connect the External Monitor. For this, you have to perform the following steps:
  • Connect your External Monitor with the VGA Cable.
  • Press the Toggle Key which can varies from system to system.

By, this way your system will be able to show you the Display and you can easily transfer all your crucial data to avoid data loss.

Hope the above steps will help you out in resolving your issue.

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44961 4218 10659
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post

@VSRK

The member's issue not likely to be due to a bad memory module. That can be tested later with the HP Hardware Diagnostics utility.

You were on the right track when suggesting connection to an external display. His notebook has both VGA and HDMI outputs. Connect the external display, it can even be an HDTV, turn it on and then press the notebook's power button.  Most modern LCD displays have an HDMI digital graphics input. VGA displays are a bit far and few between because of the analog display characteristics they have.

His notebook is new enough to have the HP PC Diagnostic UEFI utility installed. If after connecting an external display the disktop appears, restart the notebook and immediately begin tapping the F2 key. That will invoke  the HP PC Diagnostic UEFI utility, where a component test of the display and the entire system test can be done. That is the best method of isolating the issue.

You can show your appreciation or say thanks for my help by clicking on the Thumbs up .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation