Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've cracked the outer glass on my spectre, and am wondering if I need to replace the full screen assembly or just the digitizer. The screen seems to work just fine after I disabled touch screen, so I'm thinking that replacing the LED panel would probably be a waste, but wanted to get some more opinions before I make a purchase.

Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@blibglib3 wrote:

.. so I'm thinking that replacing the LED panel would probably be a waste,...

@blibglib3 

What is your  Spectre x360 15". Normally HP supplies one part for the whole display, no part called digitizer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien wrote:

@blibglib3 wrote:

.. so I'm thinking that replacing the LED panel would probably be a waste,...

@blibglib3 

What is your  Spectre x360 15". Normally HP supplies one part for the whole display, no part called digitizer.

Regards.

@banhien

The part I'm looking at is here. I was not planning to buy from HP, but to shop third party and perform the repair on my own as I don't have time to part with the laptop for an official repair. I'm posting on this forum to see if this would be a viable option, or if I have to simply buy the entire display assembly. Does that make sense?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@blibglib3 

Well, I don't know, I don't know your machine therefore I can comment anything. You can try.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien

Again, I have an HP Spectre x360, a 15" laptop, similar to these but a few years older. I don't know what else you need to know what my machine is... Can you specify? Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.