Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Airider Tutor
Tutor
9 6 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reporting issue with latest Synaptics touchpad mouse update .... and easy solution

HP 840 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After downloading the latest Synaptics touchpad and mouse driver update today via HP Support Assistant, the pointstick stopped working.  Tried many things but easily solved using System Restore from a Restore Point previous to this update.

Note: running Win10 v 1803

This is NOT a question and no longer a problem! Just an advisory warning if any have this issue.

Please report this to HP

2 REPLIES 2
fellow1979 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reporting issue with latest Synaptics touchpad mouse update .... and easy solution

My trouble is that I've got several updates during past months on Stnaptics touchpad and cannot find the restore point.

Everything else works fine except pointstick.

My pc: Elitebook 840 G2, Win10 - 64bit

0 Kudos
Airider Tutor
Tutor
9 6 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1.  HP seems to have fixed this issue in both my own G2 and G3 as well as my friend's G5!  So try looking for a NEW update to the mouse, touchpad and pointing device.  Use Google to search for HP Driver updates.

2.  The pointstick driver was listed in the Apps section under "Synaptics" in Settings, so look there.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation