Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

I have recently bought a used HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2, but when I go to put it in tent mode or open it 360° the laptop doesn't seem to detect it; the keyboard and the trackpad aren't disabled and autorotation doesn't activate, it also doesn't prompt me to switch to tablet mode. The Rotation Lock option in the action center is also greyed out.

What I have tried:

-Resetting windows 10.

-Completely reinstalling windows 10.
-Installing the drivers manually.
-Using HP Support Assistant to install the drivers automatically.

-Using a 3rd party software to install the drivers automatically (IObit driver booster).

-Uninstalling Intel Integrated Sensor Solution from the device manager and rebooting the computer.

-Uninstalling my display driver and rebooting the computer.

-Manually trying to update Intel Integrated Sensor Solution via the device manager.
-Changing the "LastOrientation", "SensorPresent" & "SlateEnable" registry entries to respectively 0, 1 & 1.

-Changing orientation to portrait manually and putting it in tent mode.

*I also seem to be having trouble with the fingerprint and the touchpad drivers too. But I haven't looked a lot into them yet

**The touch screen seems to be working fine, if that can help.

I use this laptop for taking notes in college and you can imagine how frustrating it is constantly getting accidental input from the keyboard and the trackpad and having to manually rotate the screen every time.

Can this be due to a hardware problem somehow? Since it's 2nd hand I can't tell if the laptop has been opened and tampered with. Can I solve this or should I return it and ask for a refund?

Thanks in advance!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.