Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Running two HDMI monitors at the same time

Envy X360 15-aq110nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just got this laptop and I'm trying to connect two HDMI monotors to it.  I plugged one directly into the single HDMI port thats on the machine, but when I go and try to plug an HDMI adapter into the USB Type C port, it doesn't show anything on the 2nd monitor.  I'm using an AmazonBasics USB 3.1 Type-C HDMI Multiport Adapter.  I belive the adapter is working since it bought it new from Amazon, and when I plug a thumb-drive into it, I can access the files.  That said, it still does not output a signal to the monitor.

What am I doing wrong?  Is there a config file that must be modified, or is there a different USB Type C adapter that I must use?

Thanks,

Patrick

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
13599 1274 3025
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Running two HDMI monitors at the same time

@CV61_Ranger

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Most likely, you're not doing anything WRONG!

I use a third monitor on my desktop and it uses a USB-t0-VGA adapter -- and I had to go through THREE of them before I found one that would work with Win10.  (Note: they ALL worked with Win7 and Win8.1).

The difference was, the one that worked used drivers from DisplayLink:  http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/windows

If these drivers don't work with your monitor, then you could be out of luck -- as without working drivers, Win10 will not "see" the USB-connected monitor.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation